Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rumminations

POI was down for maintenance this morning so I took the opportunity to do my normal browse around. Read the Telegraph on line liked the article PM on the Psychologists Couch, although I disagreed with much of it, as sometimes people are just not up to the job or position they crave or they take on e.g. Gordon Brown (Twatman) or one of my new line managers, who hasn't got a clue of how to manage people, if anyone has seen the John Cleese Management videos, you will swiftly get the picture.

I then checked out www.order-order.com Guido Fawkes site to see that I had beaten him to writing about Gordon Brown sending his cabinet to Crewe (I had hoped on a one way ticket), but as usual he was more eloquent than I was. Having exhausted my normal reading areas, it was time to take a peek at My Telegraph, shock, horror, but I still do, especially if I feel a bit down, it always makes me feel better, seeing the petty squabbles that break out, uninformed and useless comments that are made by some of the 'broadsheet' readers, I can't say too much here as some of the readers and bloggers on My Telegraph also frequent POI and are excellent contributors.

As usual there is a mixture of well written, articulate blogs, with a mixture of well written responses, which lead to informed debate. Then there is the dross, the dross in this case coming from someone called Katz. Why this cannot be contained is beyond me, why My Telegraph states that it cannot control those who use their site is beyond me. Squarepeg a lady I respect from the site, was driven to comment how the postings of this person were bringing the site into disrepute.

Sorry squarepeg, I think that this happened ages ago. One constant poster on My Telegraph stated that POI bloggers were sycophants, and suggested another poster join POI, yet this poster, 'a lady' has never visited POI and would never be invited to, but obviously had 'first hand' information of the site. It still gives me a sad feeling that such an excellent concept as My Telegraph has in many instances degenerated into a morass of ugliness, except when Ralph posted his 'We're Alive' blog about his experiences during the China earthquake. For the first time in a long while the site became what it should be and the dross mongers had the good grace to exert some self control so if they had nothing nice to say, they stayed away.

People decided to leave My Telegraph, because of the dross, one poster who it was claimed posted dross, joined POI and has on the whole made some excellent observations and some excellent posts and what he was called when he decided to leave by some of the 'serious' bloggers was far from friendly, but this poster Katz is far worse.

So life goes on and nothing seems to change, POI is still castigated for having invitation only policy, My Telegraph still has a huge amount of dross being posted, and Gordon Brown Twatman) is still the worst and most unpopular PM we have had, ho hum, oh and I read that Oliver Stone has made a film about George W Bush and has reasoned why Tony Blair liked him so much, so expect more crap at the cinema either later on this year or early next year, as I for one will not sit through a film about that man.

No comments: