Monday, January 30, 2012

Think Outside of The Box

I am thoroughly fed up with the same old, same old. New politicians come into power, the old party denies all their own failures and blames the new party in power. Fat Cat Corporations, Oil Companies and Banks are running, or more accurately RUINING the world, not just for us, but for our children, their children and their children's children, yet blind greed and a passion for power keeps these selfish people going and not caring about who they hurt, not even their own children or grand children.

Many people write and complain, and I am one of these, but this time I offer a solution, not possibly the most well thought out, but if I can plant a seed, then maybe it will be worth it. Governments the world over look towards the 'intelligent', well educated for answers, and this in turn can lead to jobs for the boys. They also look towards people like Branson who have made a remarkable mark on the world, but who to me have lost their way, I can remember sitting in one of his first record shops in Brighton and admiring him, no longer, he is just another man who has become greedy and forgotten what he set out to do, oh the words are still there, but now they are hollow.

There are many smaller people out there, who may not have made millions or billions from their efforts, but without them the country would suffer. I class myself as one of these, so now I will blow my own trumpet to emphasise a point. In the past 12 - 14 years I have turned around failing care home and made them both profitable and a good place to live for the elderly vulnerable people they cater for. I rarely go off sick, in the past 2+ years I haven't had a full day off sick. I rarely go on holiday, I work an average of 45 - 50 hours per week and I am on call 24/7/365 days of the year. I am 59 this year and still going strong. I do not boast a great or privileged education with a university degree, I do not have any old boys I can call on, but locally I have a reputation of getting things done, and if there is a difficult elderly person who needs care, I am usually called on to see if I can help that person by offering them a place in my care home.

I am not the captain of a large industry, I do not get huge bonus payments, I do not have a large expense account, what I do have is drive and a need to provide the best I can at all times. I am not alone, there are many like me out there. Here is a thought for those in power, why are these people who always make a success of things, without the overinflated salaries and ego's not being utilised. Why go to people who own big companies, their first priority is not helping the country, but making sure their business continues to run and make profit, so their whole attention will not be on the job that governments give, despite what they might say publicly, that is basic human nature.

So my  shout at our government is simple, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX, LOOK AROUND, GIVE THE SMALL PERSON A CHANCE, GIVE THEM AN AREA THAT YOU CAN EXPERIMENT WITH, THE RESULTS COULD BE A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT TO THOSE WHO TALK BIG AND FAIL EVEN BIGGER OR WHO ARE JUST PLAIN MEDIOCRE AT WHAT THEY DO.

No comments: